Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Knitting and Taxes

Life is going pretty good. It is not often I say this as I am cynical and pessimistic (the two go hand in hand, I feel.) But this morning, after a good while spent at the coffee shop already at this early hour, I shall say it and probably regret it later. The purse from hell is done (at least the knitted portions; lining still needs to go in.) I shall never knit a flat purse again. So now my attention can be focused on my first sweater: a sideways garter stitch sweater designed by the owner of Miriam's Well/the Santa Fe School of Weaving. I'm excited. While one might think that I'll start hating it due to tedium, like my purse, one would be mistaken. Despite the rows and rows (and rows and rows) of garter stitch, it's still exciting. It's my first sweater and it's going to be awesome.

And as for the rest of my chipperness, my federal taxes are ready to be sent out (I can't wait to get my grubby paws on that refund check...) and I'm about to e-file my state taxes. No procrastinating for me this year. It's funny just how much of a motivator money is for me.

No comments: