Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Dad's Hat and Other Things

This is my Dad using the hat I knit for him at his Freeze Your Butt Off contest. It's made from Lion Brand Yarn's Homespun in Rococo. This yarn is pretty decent to work with; it's soft and has a neat look, without being expensive (not to mention it's available at the Michael's on the way home from work.) The first scarf I ever knit, also the second project ever knit, was in this yarn in Cotton Candy. This is very pink. I don't think the swatch on the website really does it justice. They're not kidding around when they call it vibrant.

The seed stitch purse I've been working on for at least a month is my current project. I finally finished Kat's wild scarf and so I feel I must finish this purse...no matter how boring it can be. I've been having more fun dreaming up how many trillions of pockets shall be on the inside lining.

Last night I did something I had promised myself I would never do: I bought yarn without a real purpose for it. To moderate myself, I only got one skein. Well, really, I sort of have in the back of my head a hat I want to make out of it. But there's no set project.

Well that's it for now, I suppose...I'll blabber more later.

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

My husband is a ham, as is one of his co-workers, and the first email I got this morning was a note from him to go click on the link he was sending me--to your blog with that picture. I don't know if he's hinting for me to send him off somewhere a whole lot colder than Northern California, if he wants a hat to go with his Aran... But meantime, thank you! You gave me extra teasing rights. Always a good thing in a marriage.

Susan said...

Haha, you're welcome =o)