Saturday, September 20, 2008

Winter is Coming!

Thank whatever you like to thank for the fact that Summer has broken and it's becoming cooler. This has prompted a few things from me:

1.) More knitting. Barbara's BEAUTIFUL sweater is whipping along. I have almost half a sleeve done. Then it's just another sleeve and it's done. Pretty neat for not knitting on it all summer, eh? (and no...it is not the Pewter Coat. We don't speak of that anymore.)

2.) I have planned knitting up to my ears. This is the time of year when I get hyped up about knitting lots of sweaters (not that this isn't the case any other time of year, but right about now, all my common sense regarding what can and cannot get done in a certain amount of time goes right out the window. Three more sweaters by Christmas? No problem!)

3.) Dreams about alpaca sweaters knit in the round. If there was any doubt that I was a knitter, I think it's gone now.

4.) Washing sweaters. I am currently handwashing all my delicious wool sweaters (all store-bought, by the way, since I only have one I've made for myself and it's already clean) so they'll be ready for wearing. I am having an inordinate amount of fun doing this. This is perhaps due to my recent purchase of some Eucalan wool wash which DOESN'T NEED TO BE RINSED. Need I say more?


Speaking of sweaters, most especially sweaters for ME, I have started a Wisteria after seeing the gal over at sock pr0n knitting one with her own HANDSPUN YARN. Color me jealous. Anyway, not only did the cables appeal to me, but it's knit top down, in the round. Just like my last sweater for me. It's going to be great. I'm enjoying it immensely already.

Still speaking of sweaters, I purchased two books recently: Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting without Tears and Barbara G. Walker's Knitting from the Top. Now, previously, I had scorned the former because knitting did not make me cry. I am more the kind of person that needs a book titled Knitting without Violence. Well, this was before I discovered what a GENIUS that woman was and now after my dream of a seamless hybrid sweater (that alpaca one, remember?) I felt the need to purchase it so I could start planning my alpaca sweater. This is where my delusions of getting lots of sweaters done comes in: I would like to have this sweater to wear this year. HAH! Did I mention I still haven't purchased yarn for my father's sweater?

So...sweaters are on the mind, as you can tell. This may be due to the fact that all I remember of last winter was COLD. MIND NUMBING COLD.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody doubted you were a knitter..not from the first project.

Anonymous said...

Howdy,
After finding this website I found a cool site on google related to your article. I thought you or your visitors would find it interesting in what I found. I posted them below and I think you will find it very insightful as well.

[url=http://www.google.com/search?sitesearch=www.luxurygiftsbags.com&ie=UTF-8&q=Louis+Vuitton+outlet]Google 1st Site - Click Here...[/url]
Google 2nd Site - Click Here...

I am a noobie at making links so my bad if I didn't do it right. I tried :). Enjoy ur site too!

Chao,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hallo und Willkommen hier im Flirt-Chat.



Dieser Flirt-Chat bietet dir die Alternative geile alte omas und natürlich vieles mehr,unter anderem Sexgeschichten
Hier im Flirt-Chat findest du geile alte omas Sexgeschichten
Eventuel suchst du sexuellen Vorlieben , sicher bist du hier genau richtig.Ok,los gehts,worauf wartest du?
Aufregend chatten sex chat dating ,schnell anmelden .
Du suchst jemand aus Oberösterreich, oder in DEUTSCLAND, vieleicht aus Fürth , vieleicht von Einsiedeln, vieleicht in Zürich? Bestimmt ist da jemand dabei.!

Anonymous said...

hqcu [url=http://www.bootswould.com]sale ugg[/url]
Mainly because households can be bought internet shopping for the ideal merchandise, therefore significantly preserve shopping time, if in the real world is a lot from the searching locations also reduces the problem of going. Hence, in this way of online transactions day-to-day to work for family members is specially chaotic for Place of work, whether or not little time for searching as well as other reasons why you should function extra time, moncler outdoor jackets the gap also can use a little work to complete acquiring solutions.


hcei [url=http://www.bootswould.com]sale uggs[/url]
They ugg boot add-ons on saleare eager in discovering their creativity. On the market, you need to do locate high quality model components to show off the fashionable style you accept. Also, creating a realistic trend phrase won't require that you go shopping all-about. They grow to be much more informed while picking out the shoes.


flbb [url=http://www.bootssay.com]ugg outlet[/url]
Alongside the advance of on-line, on the internet browsing has land up staying as good as-known wonderful men and women. You'll find undoubtedly a total earth to settle on from to suit your needs only the clicking on of your mouse button. You probably can make your much-loved pair of shoes from Ugg boot and so they will likely be transported to you at your front doorstep. But web dependent looking may be filled with risks. In difference to in merchants in which you're able to analyze the tennis shoes and shoes in person, there is no method to know if your issues you will probably be acquiring is legitimate. The many suppliers which supply pretend that UGG boots for their consumers is in fact prior to expanding. These dishonest dealers make these boots when using the skin tone of your pig or cowhide.

Anonymous said...

[TITLE]Christian Louboutin Shoes Show Women Elegance[/TITLE]
The first task for securing an adverse credit score fast bank bank is usually to take on out what sort involved with collateral you will wind up as heading to work with. The much better your collateral then the quicker christian louboutin running shoes you are able so that it will safe your financial home finance loan.

Mainly importantly, provide your children with actions at home, too as outdoors family home energy kit. They may possibly not want to learn all of them, however it's important for your kid to be treated as they may be sported. Do not go away your kid real estate investment when heading out for lunch. Get your autistic kid with you and just be sure pay a visit to a household christian louboutin shoes kind restaurant so in case your child does misbehave all over manifeste, it isn't these a huge deal. Offer your child which has an environment filled with uncommon colors and textures. This can help to maintain their consideration on particular techniques and in the incidence you give them with the chance for social interaction, this could definitely help them inside the long run.

A great first step in how to find the journey job of your particular goals is to have a tour instruction program. Instruction is readily accessible to tour guides, tour directors, as well as special tour management. Suffering from tour coaching, you'll recognize about security techniques for numerous travel strategies and locations. You furthermore learn about working by using suppliers, handling emergencies, documentation, delivering instructive narration, etc.

In respect to the blueprint "torque = force ?time" torque arm, in absolute circumstances, to abrasion top heels, accomplish a hotlink pertaining to annex has increased, typically the accessory will be initiated to abate the force. Therefore, one centimeter heels to admission some of the braking force on my agnate decrease.

Oprah wore a classic of numerous materials . inspired suit in her groundbreaking interview with Eliza Jackson. The tux blazer Oprah is employing in this interview is one of the hottest fashion trends. (Even though Lady A wore this trend programs 1993!)This blazer and clothe can be worn to correspond with both dressy or recreational outfits, and is totally a look that can be from day to daytime.

Also, visiting different discussion message boards that cater for the niche you're especially interested in in could enable you actually to assume of the right good deal far better ideas on how so that it will do your personal position creation.

As soon as your kid delivers been diagnosed with autism, you may at very first go via each normal kind of give up mode. One outside of the very first worries you may want you can do is setup advising for yourself to make it easier to you deal with any sort of damaging emotions you will definitely be having about your primary kid. This will probably enable you to located in this overwhelming time. You might also desire to do some analysis on your personal with regard to Autism, as it will enable you to on the way to know what you could possibly anticipate along with your youngster.